There is an immense growth of new online techniques that are being introduced here and there in triggering interest in individuals to buy a certain product or service. With all the competition from businesses, it is important to identify the methods that will best serve your purpose to attract more individuals to your business. This is where online lead generation, when planned and implemented effectively will impact your sales dramatically.
What is Online Lead Generation?
Online Lead generation is the initiation of consumer interest in products or services of a business through online or digital means. It involves a carefully planned process on how you can trigger the interest of individuals in your product or service and drive them to buy.
A lead is an individual who shows or demonstrates interest in your product or service by downloading a free guide that you published online, completing a contact form, following your social media account, and the like.
The most common online lead generation channels that businesses use include search, social media, email, and a website.
Why is Lead Generation Important for Your Business?
Since online lead generation is an essential part of any marketing funnel, you would not only want leads but quality leads who will most likely become customers. Your business will not survive without them. Besides this reason, there are others that define how online generation strategies can help you business thrive including:
- Healthy Business Growth
You wouldn’t have a business if you knew no one would buy your product in the first place. Without leads, there is no growth for your business. Receiving referrals will not be enough to sustain and grow your business so that you can get more sales and higher ROI (Return of Investment).
You will need to create and identify ways to attract individuals to your product or service and an online lead management system will do that for you.
- Attract Qualified Leads
You need to identify what qualifies as a quality lead for your business because they are the ones who will most likely advance to sales. Online lead generation strategies will help you find a solution to finding these kinds of leads.
To help you better qualify your leads, here are the different types of leads based on how they are qualified:
- Marketing Qualified Lead (MOL) is a person who has engaged with your online lead generation strategies like filling out a landing page form for an offer but isn’t ready to receive a sales call.
- Sales Qualified Lead (SQL) is a person who has taken action to express their interest in becoming a customer. He or she may have filled out a form to inquire more about your product or service.
- Product Qualified Lead (PQL) is someone who used your product and has taken actions to indicate that he or she wants to buy. The perfect example of this is when a business offers a product trial or a free or limited time use of the product. A PQL uses the product and engages or asks more about it.
- Service Qualified Lead (SQL) is a person who tells the customer service representative or answers a sales query in your site that he or she wants to upgrade their product subscription and will eventually be up-leveled to the sales team.
- Offers a Natural Transition from Consumer to Customer
If you have an online lead generation management system for your business, you can provide a smooth journey for your customers from being educated about your product and service to downloading an online guide or completing a form. What’s great about it is that you provide a setting where they can move at their own pace and not feel that they are being forced to be interested in your product or service.
Your Business Needs Online Lead Generation
Finding unique ways to attract individuals to your business is a challenging but enjoyable process because you get to know who your real customers are. Online lead generation provides a more natural setting for individuals to transition from stranger to customer.
There’s a lot that happens in an online lead generation system that can help you target quality leads and get more sales. Most importantly, lead generation works for your business if you do it right.