Cloud server hosting, private and public alike, is the next big thing in the world of web server hosting. This trend is currently attracting the e-commerce retail websites, corporate organizations, online app websites, etc. Though, it has not inculcated every organization, here is what you need to know about the cloud hosting and the service providers.
What is cloud hosting in layman terms?
This form of hosting allows you the use of cloud computing technology to divide the needed resources for maximum uptime, then spread them among different servers to be used as and when needed. So, the primary focus is the flexibility of using resources. It should allow the enterprises to get no downtime.
The advantages of cloud server hosting
There are quite a few advantages of using the cloud computing technology for the large enterprises. However here are some of the most common ones.
• 100% optimization: With the cloud computing technology, the storage devices and servers can be easily shared. As the applications transfer between the different devices as per the requirement, it allows maximum use of the storage available.
• Pricing: With the flexible approach to storage and usage, the cloud hosting also has the advantage of per-per-use pricing policy in quite a few cases. Along with the optimal use, there are several other financial benefits. With the use of data centers for storage, enterprises neither need IT staff nor maintenance. As the technology is so scalable, most enterprises are in profitable space as far as web hosting needs are concerned. Therefore, they can use the cloud hosting for different purposes such as email, file backups, website hosting, database storage, etc.
Therefore, if you choose the right cloud hosting provider, you will get much better storage and sharing system across multiple platforms at much affordable rates.
Primary factors for selection of cloud hosting providers
• Uptime: Cloud hosting services are part of web hosting, uptime will be an important consideration. Though, theoretically, there should be no downtime with the efficiency of cloud computing technology, all clouds are not the same. They vary with the proprietary model, workload, etc. So, confirm the uptime record. Though, 100% uptime SLA is the best one available, you can consider any cloud server hosting with 98% to 99.99% uptime record as a decent one.
• Pricing: Cloud hosting in India is a much profitable solution than the traditional choices. But, shifting your current web hosting is expensive. Installation is not free either. So, you must have enough cash to spare for a smooth shift.
• Deployment model: While selecting the cloud hosting in India, you need to look at a long term solution. It should be flexible enough to scale with your growing business requirements. Do they have public as well as private cloud hosting? How many data centers are available? It will matter.
• Well established data center with the applicable security, network redundancy, electricity redundancy and customer support.