The increase in internet users has opened doors for existing or startup ventures to tap audiences. People conduct a web search first before they make a buying decision. To rank top on search results, your website has to be searchable and enhance sales changes the layout of your site has to be navigable.
Recently, marketing dynamics have changed. A website needs to be well-developed and maintained for reaching target consumers. A suitable domain name plays a role in branding and effective marketing.
What is a domain name?
The domain is an exclusive name given to your website. It can be a combination of numbers, symbols, and letters. It is similar to your phone number or home address. It is your website address, which is exclusive. No other website can copy it or you cannot copy any other website’s domain name.
Domain names are digital properties of the domain name registrants. The domain name backend can be accessed by the owner or registrant. An IP address is a lengthy combination of letters and numbers. Computers use the domain name to recognize the website, which makes browsing the internet easy.
Each domain name can be sold, purchased, or exchanged at different online markets. A suitable domain name scarcity can create demand. The domain suffixes communicate website location and purpose, while the extensions or last section are generic. Some popular domain extensions are –
Never choose a domain name in a hurry. A domain name is a precious search & marketing tool that efficiently drives audiences to your website.
Importance of domain name
Digital marketing is a necessity for business survival, today. The Internet is a place, where everyone goes for information ranging from watching a movie to visiting a restaurant to which trendy clothes to wear. All this indicates that if you have a business, you will need a website. The website needs an exclusive domain name. A proper domain name increases search engine visibility. It helps to –
- Enhances SEO – Keyword-rich domain name increases the chances to rank high on SERPs.
- Adds credibility – A highly professional business has a unique domain name with proper extension. Generic domain fails to influence audiences because they are in search of brands. Generic according to them is associated with poor quality and unprofessionalism. High-value domain helps to build online and offline authority.
- Build brand – Subconsciously, domain name plays a role in brand growth. An ideal domain name that is easy to remember as well as type gets imprinted in visitors’ minds.
- Enhance marketing – A concise high-value domain name gives search crawlers and users an intuitive way to find your website. With a professional domain name, your URL is ranked top, which improves visibility, credibility, and organic traffic without recurrent costs.
- Increase target traffic – The right domain name increases the potential of steering target traffic to your website.
- Free advertising – With a proper domain name, you can promote your business for minimal cost all around the year. List it on marketing materials, company profiles, and business cards. Customers can use Google to find their online store by typing in the domain name and looking for the information they came in search of.
A domain name is an investment that protects your intellectual rights, so choose wisely!